Market Monday 6-3-18
Hello and welcome back to another week of our Market Monday Report. Here we look at the real estate market over the past 7 days for the Shoreline CT towns of Branford, Guilford and Madison.
On previous reports, I have just provided the raw data for the report but this week I thought I would give you an overview of the date as well. So the overview looks like this:
- Branford – 16 New Listings from a low price of $229,500 for a 2 bedroom ranch to a high price of $1,200,000 for a waterfront home with a guest cottage
- Guilford – 8 New Listings from a low price of $134,900 for a foreclosure home to a high price of $724,000 for a 4 bedroom antique colonial located close to the downtown Green
- Madison – 17 New Listings from a low price of $199,900 for a farmhouse located in North Madison to a high of $1,800,000 for a Georgian Colonial with 5,556 square feet
- Branford – 16 Homes received contracts from a low price of $185,000 for a 2 bedroom ranch to a high of $1,150,000 for a waterfront Colonial
- Guilford – 14 Homes went on “Show” or “Deposit” status and prices ranged from a low of $229,900 for a 2 bedroom ranch to a high of $659,900 for a large Colonial
- Madison -18 Homes are pending here from $339,900 for a 4 bedroom ranch to $829,000 for a Georgian Colonial located close to downtown
- Branford -4 homes Sold this week priced from $290,000 for a 3 bedroom Cape to $706,000 for a 3 bedroom Cape in Stony Creek with water views
- Guilford – 8 homes sold this week priced from $270,000 for a 3 bedroom ranch to $819,000 for a contemporary home located downtown with views of the West River
- Madison – 5 homes sold over the past 7 days; the least expensive was $300,000 for a split level home and the most expensive was $580,000 for a 3 bedroom Cape located close to downtown with views of Fence Creek
My quick interpretation of this date is that homes are selling more regularly than they are coming onto the market. I would say that the market condition is a balanced market leaning towards a Sellers Market for homes that are well priced and presented well. Prices range from quite reasonable for a 2 bedroom home that will likely need updates to over a million for a waterfront home. Would you like more information on homes for sale in the area or on listing your home? Give us a call … Heather Dacey at 203-314-1301 or Paula “PB” Baraket at 203-434-1868 … We’d love to help!